The National Nutrition Council (NNC) Regional Office X is located in the heart of the City of Golden Friendship- Cagayan de Oro City.
The NNC, as mandated by law, is the country's highest policy-making and coordinating body on nutrition.
- Formulate national food and nutrition policies and strategies;
- Coordinate planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the national nutrition program;
- Coordinate the release of funds, loans and grants from government organizations and non-government organizations; and
- Call on any department, bureau, office, agency and other instrumentalities of the government for assistance in the form of personnel, facilities and resources as the need arises.
Coordination Structure at the Region
Regional Directors or regional heads of national government agencies and representatives from the private sector compose the Regional Nutrition Committee X. The Regional Nutrition Committee and RNC-Technical Working Group X are comprised of agency representatives from DOH Center for Health Development - Northern Mindanao, DILG X, DA-RFO 10, DSWD X, DepED X, DOLE X, DTI X, DBM X, NFA X, NEDA-RDC X, CHED 10, OCD X, POPCOM X, DENR 10, NCIP 10, PIA 10, BFAR 10, BAI X, DPWH X, BPI X, DAR X, NDAP- Misamis Oriental Chapter, Lourdes College, Central Mindanao University and Adventist Medical Center College. Members of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement Northern Mindanao are also represented in the RNC X. Dr. Jose R. Llacuna, Jr., MPH, CESO III and Director IV of DOH CHD-NM is the current Chairperson of the committee.
The local nutrition committees at the Provincial/City/Municipal and Barangay levels serve as the coordinating bodies for the local nutrition programs in the region.
The NNC Region 10: Functions and Staff
The NNC at the regional level serves as the secretariat to the Regional Nutrition Committee. Below are the functions of an NNC Regional Office
- Execute policies, directives and guidelines set by the NNC Governing Board at the regional level;
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Philippine Plan of Action for Nutrition (PPAN) at the regional level;
- Provide technical assistance to program implementers at the regional and local levels;
- Establish and maintain functional linkages with agencies involved in the nutrition program;
- Conduct nutrition trainings, promotion and advocacy as well as resource mobilization activities in the region;
- Generate nutrition and related data and serve as monitoring and database center for the regional PPAN;
- Facilitate the provision of materials from various sources for the intended recipients of the nutrition program;
- Serve as the Secretariat to the Regional Nutrition Committee and other technical committees; and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned.
The NNC Region X team is composed of the Regional Nutrition Program Coordinator, Nutrition Officer III, Development Management Officer II, Project Development Officer I, DMO II for ECCD-First 1000 Days in Lanao del Norte, Administrative Aide VI, Administrative Assistant I, and AA V (driver). NNC X also has a Senior Project Assistant (Nutrition Officer III) for the Philippine Multisectoral Nutrition Project.
2nd Floor Door 1, Rego Bldg., Agoho Drive, Zone 1, Carmen, Cagayan de Oro City
Telephone: (+63)88 856 8700
Cellphone no.: 09631090198