- Category: About Region 1
NATIONAL NUTRITION COUNCIL REGIONAL OFFICE I
The NNC, as mandated by law, is the country's highest policy-making and coordinating body on nutrition.
NNC Core Functions
- Formulate national food and nutrition policies and strategies and serve as the policy, coordinating and advisory body of food, nutrition and health concerns;
- Coordinate planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the national nutrition program;
- Coordinate the hunger mitigation and malnutrition prevention program to achieve relevant Millennium Development Goals;
- Strengthen competencies and capabilities of stakeholders through public education, capacity building and skills development;
- Coordinate the release of funds, loans, and grants from government organizations (GOs) and nongovernment organizations (NGOs); and
- Call on any department, bureau, office, agency and other instrumentalities of the government for assistance in the form of personnel, facilities and resources as the need arises.
COMPOSITION OF NNC REGION I
The National Nutrition Council- Regional Office I is located at the DOH-CHD Compound, Parian, San Fernando City, La Union. The officials and staff are composed the following: Officer-In-Charge Nutrition Program Coordinator- Kendall Pilgrim A. Gatan; Administrative Aide VI- Wenie Lou D. Gonzales; Administrative Aide III- Marcelino N. Aaron. Job Orders: Development Management Officer II- Wylibeth N. Lumpias; Development Management Officer II- Bernalyn G. Calay; Development Management Officer II (Special Project: ECCD-F1K & Tutok Kainan)- Claribel S. Catinguel; Project Development Officer I- Sam Danielle R. Calica; Administrative Aide VI- Sarah C. Bangaoil and Utility Worker- Norly M. Mamorno.