nutrijingle family2As the National Nutrition Council Region 1 opened the Nutri-Jingle Video Contest Season 4 all over Region 1, 4 families showcased their talents as they compete for the first ever family category.

Each family gracefully performed their unique songs and dance steps featuring the theme of this year’s Nutrition Month Celebration: “Malnutrisyon patuloy na labanan, First 1000 Days Tutukan”.

The following are the families with their respective group names who took part in the competition:

  • Robosa Family - San Carlos City, Pangasinan
  • Buridibud Group - San Quintin, Pangasinan
  • Nutriyum Squad - San Gabriel, La Union
  • Esteban Family - Sarrat, Ilocos Norte

The board of judges will determine scores on originality, choreography, and relevance to the theme to comprise the 55% while the remaining 45% from the social media aspect will be from the netizens.

Mr. Kendall Gatan, Officer-In-Charge of NNC-Regional Office I said that the contest is very timely as most families are just in their homes due to community quarantine and this is another way for them to participate in the monthlong celebration of nutrition month to also showcase their talents.

He also said that this can be another activity for mental health to release stress, fatigue and infodemic brought by this pandemic as the participating families are enjoying their performances and at the same time busy collaborating with their families and friends online to also promote their entries.

He then encouraged the contestants to continuously promote their entries as social media voting will end on July 29, 2021 at 12 noon.

Results of the contest will be announced on July 31, 2021 and declared winners will receive their cash prizes and certificates during the awarding ceremony that is soon to be announced. SDC