NutrijingleCity of San Fernando, La Union-- A total of 23 secondary schools all over Region 1 actively joined and represented their beloved institutions in the Nutri-Jingle Video Contest Season 4 organized by the National Nutrition Council-Region I while strictly observing minimum public health standards by the government as health precautions for COVID-19.

The said contest is now on its year 4 being done every nutrition month which encourages secondary schools and families from Region 1 to actively participate and engage in the annual Nutrition Month Celebration.

The following are the schools with their respective group names who participated for this year:

  • Cabaruan National High School - Cabaruan NHS Performers
  • Tondol National High School - Tondol NHS Stars
  • Alaminos City National High School - Alaminos City Division
  • BADIPA National High School - Nutri_Kidzz
  • Vigan National High School East - Batang Bigueño for F1k Movement
  • Pedro T. Orata National High School - PTONHS Nutrition Pioneers
  • Aringay National High School – ElYunatics
  • Ilocos Norte National High School – ILOKOPELLA
  • Dumpay National High School
  • Malaguip Integrated School - MIS Dance Crew 2021
  • Doña Francisca Lacsamana De Ortega Memorial National High School - Flos-Harmonic Nutri Squad
  • Bolinao Integrated School - Youth Frontline for H & N (Health and Nutrition)
  • San Fernando City National Vocational High School - The Vocation’s Pride
  • Abanon National High School - SIGLANG ABANON (Grupo ng Estudyanteng Bumabangon Kontra Sa Malnutrisyon)
  • San Juan Senior High - SJSHS-SA RCY Council
  • San Quintin National High School - Team Bebeko
  • Lingsat Integrated School - The L.I.S. Guild
  • San Juan National Ilocos Sur- SJNHS Nutri-Jingle Team
  • San Fernando South Central Integrated School - South Impact
  • Dagupan City National High School
  • Lipit National High School - Lipit National High School - Supreme Student Government
  • Batac National High School - City of Batac
  • Lussoc National High School Santo Domingo - The Nutrizens

With this year’s theme, “Malnutrisyon patuloy na labanan, First 1000 Days Tutukan”, the presentations will be judged according to the highest number of likes, reach, views and quality of the video entries.

Mr. Kendall Gatan, Officer-In-Charge of NNC1 said that this year’s contest which is in close coordination with the Department of Education-Regional office I is quite challenging and extra-ordinary since the contestants have to observe COVID-19 protocols and commended the participating schools for accepting this challenge.

He also encouraged the participating groups to continue promote their entries as social media voting will soon end on July 28, 2021 for Student Category and July 29, 2021 for Family Category at 12:00 in the afternoon while the announcement of winners will be on July 31, 2021.

Invited member of the board of judges will determine the scores in terms of quality of the video entries contributing to 55% of the total score while the netizens will determine the remaining 45% through social media reach, views and shares. SDC