And the objectives of this year’s celebration are to: a) increase awareness on hunger issues and actions to mitigate hunger and malnutrition; b) encourage stakeholders to contribute in addressing hunger issues; and c) advocate for stronger political action to end hunger.
2013 Nutrition Month Theme
The Nutrition Month theme for 2013 is “Gutom at malnutrisyon, sama-sama nating wakasan!”. This is to raise awareness on the need for more action in addressing hunger as part of the Philippine’s commitment to the United Nations Millennium Development Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger.
Latest from Sheila Marie A. Vergara
- Palaweños Unite to Combat Malnutrition
- MIMAROPA to intensify Promote Good Nutrition program
- Mogpog of Marinduque vies for its 1st Year CROWN Maintenance Award
- NNC–MIMAROPA welcomes strong partnership with the new DOH Regional Director for MIMAROPA
- MIMAROPA’s Nutrition Workers discover creative ways to promote the Nutritional Guidelines for Filipinos