The Nutriskwela Community Radio Network Program of the National Nutrition Council was born of a need for a long-term and cost-efficient strategy to address the problem of hunger and malnutrition in the Philippines through the use of radio, the most available form of mass media.
The Nutriskwela Community Radio Network Program involves the setting up of non-profit, non-partisan community radio stations and the training of broadcast personnel in areas of the country with high malnutrition prevalence and which do not have easy access to broadcast media.
Nutriskwela Community Radio aims to empower the community through the dissemination of correct, relevant and up-to-date nutrition and health information, as well as educational and developmental information from all relevant sectors of the community, government agencies, and non-government organizations.
The first phase of the project was implemented in 2008. In partnership with the respective local government units, five community radio stations were established:
- Radyo Kaimaw, DYNC-FM 88.5 MHz in Pandan, Antique in Region 6;
- Radyo Kasuhnan, DXNC-FM 98.5 MHz in Siay, Zamboanga Sibugay in Region 9;
- Radyo Kalilang, DXNN-FM 104.9 MHz in Kalilangan, Bukidnon in Region 10;
- Radyo Kaagapay, DXCN-FM 99.1 MHz in Sibagat, Agusan del Sur in CARAGA; and
- Radyo Kiphodan, DZNC-FM 99.1 MHz in Lagawe, Ifugao in the Cordillera Administrative Region.
In 2010, the second phase of the Nutriskwela Community Radio Network Program was implemented with the establishment of another ten stations as follows:
- Radyo Kailian, DZNF-FM 97.3 MHz, in Sta. Maria, Ilocos Sur in Region 1;
- Radyo Kalugaran, DZND-FM 97.7 MHz, in Claveria, Cagayan in Region 2;
- Radyo Kaisahan-Arya, DZNG-FM 107.7 MHz, in Sariaya, Quezon in Region 4-A;
- Radyo Kasimanwa, DZNE-FM 97.3 MHz, in Coron, Palawan in Region 4-B;
- Radyo Kasanggayahan, DZNH-FM 95.1 MHz, in Sorsogon City in Region 5;
- Radyo Kaigsoonan, DYNO-FM 98.5 MHz, in Zamboanguita, Negros Oriental in Region 7;
- Radyo Kasugbong, DYNN-FM 97.3 MHz, in Catubig, Northern Samar in Region 8;
- Radyo Komunidad DXNO-FM 97.5 MHz, in Isabela City, Basilan in Region 9;
- Radyo Kalumonan, DXNQ-FM 97.3 MHz, in San Isidro, Davao Oriental in Region 11; and
- Radyo Katilingban, DXNP-FM 98.9 MHz, in Tacurong City, Sultan Kudarat in Region 12.
In 2012, the third phase of the Nutriskwela Community Radio Network Program was implemented with the establishment of another ten radio stations as follows:
- Radyo Kayvayvanan, DZNB-FM 97.5 MHz, in Basco, Batanes in Region 2;
- Radyo Kaunlaran, DZNI-FM 99.7 MHz, in Bansud, Oriental Mindoro in Region 4-B;
- Radyo Kaamigo, DZNJ-FM 98.9 MHz, in Panganiban, Catanduanes in Region 5;
- Radyo Kahimsug, DYNE-FM 97.5 MHz, in Barili, Cebu in Region 7;
- Radyo Kauswagan, DYNF-FM 91.3 MHz, in Borongan City, Eastern Samar in Region 8;
- Radyo Kalambuan, DXNE-FM 94.3 MHz, in Tubod, Lanao del Norte in Region 10;
- Radyo Kasadya, DXNF-FM 99.9 MHz, in President Roxas, Cotabato in Region 12;
- Radyo Kabinnulig, DZNA-FM 99.7 MHz, in Lagangilang, Abra in the Cordillera Administrative Region;
- Radyo Kabakhawan, DXNG-FM 97.7 MHz, in Del Carmen, Surigao Del Norte in CARAGA; and
- Radyo Kasannangan, DXNH-FM 94.1 MHz, in Bongao, Tawi-Tawi in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
And in 2015, the fourth phase of the Nutriskwela Community Radio Network Program was implemented with the establishment of another ten radio stations as follows:
- Radyo Kasalip, DZNR-FM 96.7 MHz, in Pasil, Kalinga in the Cordillera Administrative Region;
- Radyo Kasaranay, DZNQ-FM 96.7 MHz, in Luna, Apayao in the Cordillera Administrative Region
- Radyo Kabinnadang, DZNP-FM 93.5 MHz, in Cervantes, Ilocos Sur in Region 1;
- Radyo Kamalindig, DZNS-FM 94.1 MHz, in Buenavista, Marinduque in Region 4-B;
- Radyo Kabag-Uhan, DZNT-FM 99.1 MHz, in Cataingan, Masbate in Region 5;
- Radyo Kausbawan, DYNG-FM 103.1 MHz, in Palompon, Leyte in Region 8;
- Radyo Kahupayan, DXNK-FM 94.9 MHz, in Siayan, Zamboanga del Norte in Region 9;
- Radyo Kaugmaran, DZNJ-FM 105.3 MHz, in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur in Region 9;
- Radyo Kahiusa, DXNM-FM 99.3 MHz, in Tupi, South Cotabato in Region 12; and
- Radyo Katribu, DXNR-FM 103.3 MHz, in Tboli, South Cotabato in Region 12.
Copyright © 2015