Radyo Kailian 97.3 FM wins Best Radio Station
Victory is indeed sweeter the second time around for Radyo Kailian 97.3 Mhz FM located in Ilocos Sur Polytechnic State College, Sta. Maria, Ilocos Sur as it once again bagged the Best Radio Station Award during the 2nd Nutriskwela Awards last 8 February 2017 in Baguio City. Radyo Kailian walked away with 4 other awards – Best Radio Studio, Best Nutrition Radio Program, Best Nutrition Programming and Best Nutrition Segment.
The Nutriskwela Awards aims to recognize outstanding group and individual performance of community radio stations under the Nutriskwela Community Radio Network program.
For the various group categories, the winners that bested other community radio stations were:
- Most Supportive Partner - Radyo Kasannangan 94.1 MHz FM (Mindanao State University – Tawi-Tawi College of Technology and Oceanography in Bongao, Tawi-Tawi)
- Best Sectoral Program - Radyo Kaimaw 88.5 MHz FM (Local Government Unit of Pandan, Antique)
- Most Innovative Program - Radyo Kasaranay 96.7 MHz FM (Apayao State College in Luna, Apayao)
- Best Production Values - Radyo Komunidad 97.5 MHz FM (Local Government Unit of Isabela City, Basilan)
Meanwhile, station personnel who stood out in the individual award categories were:
- Ms. Grace Alindao of Radyo Katribu 103.3 MHz FM (TBoli, South Cotabato) as Best Female Broadcaster
- Mr. Rene Carbayas of Radyo Komunidad 97.5 MHz FM (Isabela City, Basilan) as Best Male Broadcaster
- Mr. Caesar Bognoson of Radyo Katribu 103.3 MHz FM as Best Writer
- Mr. Reynante Langcuyan of Radyo Kasannangan 94.1 MHz FM as Best Radio Technician
- Mr. Johnary Orella of Radyo Katribu 103.3 MHz FM as the Best Program Manager.
The winners received trophies and cash prizes. The panel of judges were: NNC Executive Director IV and Assistant Secretary of Health Maria-Bernardita T. Flores and veteran broadcasters Mario Garcia and Andy Vital.
The Nutriskwela Community Radio Network Program has established 35 stations nationwide from Batanes to Tawi-Tawi.